Installation of Chain0

handyandy164

5 posts in this topic

OK... I have installed JaS 10.4.8 SSe2/SSe3 Intel/AMD w/ PPF1. I cant get it to boot, it says

Disk boot error. Insert system disk and press enter.

I was told that a method called Chain 0 might help... I know to put it in the root of C: (which is my vista partition)

But, when I try to enter in the bcdedit commands, (with macdrive disabled because when its enabled, i cant pick up the HFS+ partition) it cant find and partitions in my 20GB disk

My config:

Acer Aspire

Intel P4 2.8GHz

786MB Ram

Intel 82865G Intergrated Graphics (But Im using an nVidia GeForce FX 5200 because the 82865G is in Black and white...)

160GB Seagate Barracuda (With XP/Vista Dual-Booted Properly - NTFS - 2 Partitions - C: = Vista, H: = XP Pro SP2)

20GB Seagate 'something!' (With Mac 10.4.8 - Single HFS+ journaled partition...)

Thanks..

Andrew

i believe chain0 is applicable when you are using the default Windows Bootloader.

As far as I remember, you have to put the chain0 file from a DVD Of OSX86 (JaS or virtually any) to the partition where the XP is currently installed.

Then edit the boot.ini and add a new OS on the list.

Make sure that your XP Partition is the active bootable partition. Use Norton PartitionMagic through bootable CD..

voila.;)

i believe chain0 is applicable when you are using the default Windows Bootloader.

As far as I remember, you have to put the chain0 file from a DVD Of OSX86 (JaS or virtually any) to the partition where the XP is currently installed.

Then edit the boot.ini and add a new OS on the list.

Make sure that your XP Partition is the active bootable partition. Use Norton PartitionMagic through bootable CD..

voila. :P

Yes, I am using the default bootloader.

I have vista installed on C:, XP on H: and Mac on G:

I have OS X on the list and when I select it it says, Chain Booting Error.

XP partition being the active boot? How..?

Thanks so far... Hopefully we can get this thing to work...

-Andrew