Mouse stuck in top left corner - dell gx260

2 posts in this topic

Hi,

Could someone please help, I have 10.4.8 JaS AMD-Intel-SSE2-SSE3 with PPF1 & PPF2 installed on a dell OptiPlex gx260 but the mouse is stuck in the top left hand corner. I can move the mouse but after a second or so it snaps back to the top left.

Apart from that it is working. I was the same during install (got thought using kb). I have tried different mice all the same. PS2 mice do not seem to work. I have another gx260 which i plugged the disk containing the install into and it does the same thing. I have also tried another graphics card (Nvidia TNT2) that does the same thing.

I have searched but cannot find any stories similar to this. This is the only version i can get to install on the box, all other versions i have downloaded don’t even make it to the install screen. Please help, looking on forums 10.4.8 is suppose to be easy to install on the gx260 and I can't afford another box at the moment.

Thanks

Incase anyone was wondering its now solved. It was the keyboard, causing the problem. Its a Microsoft keyboard. soon as i changed it for another the mouse was working fine. Not sure why it was affecting the mouse tho. I found a couple of stories similar when googling but no solutions so if someone else is searching this may help them