Hardware config/first install of OSx86

tjfear

2 posts in this topic

Hi, I've been reading up on OSx86 for awhile and I'd like to check my setup will work because I've attempted Uphuck 10.4.9 and JaS 10.4.8 with no success.. they both just hang on the black screen with all the text from the Darwin files trying to load (and i've left it for awhile because certain guides say it takes a few minutes).

Intel Quad-core Q6600 2.4ghz

Geforce 8800GT 512MB

4GB DDR2 800

WD 160GB SATA 3.0Gb/s (has no previous OS on it)

Really just looking for any info on if my system will work and if anyone knows which version (10.4.x) would be best for the specs above. Thanks in advance.

Hi, I've been reading up on OSx86 for awhile and I'd like to check my setup will work because I've attempted Uphuck 10.4.9 and JaS 10.4.8 with no success.. they both just hang on the black screen with all the text from the Darwin files trying to load (and i've left it for awhile because certain guides say it takes a few minutes).

Intel Quad-core Q6600 2.4ghz

Geforce 8800GT 512MB

4GB DDR2 800

WD 160GB SATA 3.0Gb/s (has no previous OS on it)

Really just looking for any info on if my system will work and if anyone knows which version (10.4.x) would be best for the specs above. Thanks in advance.

Have you checked the HCLs for both 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 on the OSx86 project wiki page? I checked my hardware specs on my laptop before I installed the Kalyway DVD I burned. My laptop is a toshiba.