Error right on the begining iATKOS v1.0i

volumecontrol

6 posts in this topic

So i have downloaded iATKOS v1.0i and burned it to a single-lyered DVD with the slowest speed. Then i reboted, booted from the DVD and all i get is: "system config file /com.apple.boot.plist not found." And its the first thing i see, and thats all what i see.

My PC should be suported, its:

CPU: E6600

MOTHERBOARD: P5B

GPU: 8800 GTX

So yea, a little help would be nice.

Depending on what software you used to cut the DVD, the normal problem is that it ONLY cut the iso part and did not put the HFS part on the DVD!

This is why it cannot find the plist file.

Check the download with something like PowerISO and see if it has both partitions, then burn it in PowerISO

SticMAN

Hi. I have been in the same predicament. Upon botting from CD, I get the same message. Upon opening the CD. I get the same 9 files. Upon opening the ISO in MagicISO, I see all the installation and HFS files. So why can't I access them from the boot? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.Oooops... I should add my system specs. They're on the HCL list. Quad Core Q6600 2.4 GHzAsus PSE-K Wifi Mb4GB RAM300 GB HD1300 GB HD2500 GB HD3Thanks. JP

• 2 weeks later...

It appear to be the Jmicron controller with the ide controller on for the cd/dvd drive is not supported by most of the dvd images - I got round it by attaching a usb-ide bridge and booting from usb. Sata IDE DVD might also work.

• 1 year later...

plzz i need a help from sm 1 to burn my iatkos iso file onto dvd.

i downloaded iatkos v1.0i (size 2.09 gb) and even checked its md5

checksum jus to make sure that its not a fake one.i used these burning

software lyk nero. magiciso and img burn.but aftr burning the iso

file i can see only 542 kb content in my dad. i might have wasted til nw

3 dvd's and nw its really driving me insane.plz can any tell me in detail

how to burn iso/hfs + file system as im desperate to install .thanks

in advance