Desperate

Aviisr

5 posts in this topic

Hello all,

My story starts around 2 years ago and I got to a breaking point while trying to use Hackintosh.

You see, 2 years ago i gave up on windows and searched for other OS. for the last 1.5 years I was using Opensuse linux and to tell you the truth I was happy with it.

Half a year ago i finished officers course in the army and I got HP Pavillion DV6510ej as a present. The moment was the happiest moment of those days and when looking back it was also the begining of the nightmare.

The Laptop is dual core however, HP provides it with vista 32 bit. while contacting them I was inform that they don't provide 64 bit OS because "Vista is still not good but HP signed a contract with MS".

Well, as a linux user I installed Opensuse on the machine and everything worked great (except the fingerprint reader and the sound). after a small google search I found out there is some problems with the drivers. after contacting HP for support I found out that my dv6510ej HP Laptop had hardware which compability is only for vista.

after 2 month of support from the Israeli linux community, I got the sound to work (fingerprint reader will seem to be a lost thing ...) however, It has problems and I was aiming for other OS. I've tried Mandriva linux, Ubuntu, PClinux etc.

One day, I saw a guy in the train using a Macbook pro and I was asking in the community if there is a way to install OSX on my laptop and a guy over there interduced me to this wonderfall community.

since last week, I downloaded Kalyway, intalled it and found out my GMAX3100 intel graphic accesslrator is doing problems. searching the forum and google, I found out Iaktos had released r2 patch and when tring it my apple computer loaded up. I must say, I don't remember when was the last time I was jumping all around the house screaming of Joy (my girlfriend threathend to leave me because she thought I went mad).

Alas, from some reason my wifi (intel 3945 ) didn't work. my realtek etherent also didn't work. adding to all those my hda-intel sound card (ICH8). After using Google again I found out this hardware has a problem...

Now, I can easily return to my Opensuse linux which almost 98% works but I fell in love with OSX after using it for only 10 ! minutes.

I'm sorry I had you through all this but I had to get it out.

If you are still alive and reading these lines I guess i need your help to help me get the wifi, audio, ethernet to work, or atleast to find a solution for that or, tell me how much time I need to wait. I must add though, I'm a newbie at OSX but believe me I don't post this as easy way to solve my problem. I sat on this for a week.

Hope I'll find my help in here.

Thank you all,

Avi

I downloaded Kalyway, intalled it and found out my GMAX3100 intel graphic accesslrator is doing problems. Alas, from some reason my wifi (intel 3945 ) didn't work.

Your story about "my girlfriend threathend to leave me because she thought I went mad" was quite an interesting bit. And I highly regards your effort of writing the whole story to get help with your Hac. While I believe all four problems (ethernet, wireless, sound, video) could be fixed, since you identified only two of them with model names and/or numbers, I can point where to look for those two.

Hope you find your solutions and good luck.

--S

Your story about "my girlfriend threathend to leave me because she thought I went mad" was quite an interesting bit. And I highly regards your effort of writing the whole story to get help with your Hac. While I believe all four problems (ethernet, wireless, sound, video) could be fixed, since you identified only two of them with model names and/or numbers, I can point where to look for those two.

Hope you find your solutions and good luck.

--S

Thanks for the reply.

I've already solved the X3100 problem with Iatkos 1.0r2 :(

Going to read about the Wifi. My ethernet is :

"Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface" - as it says on HP.com site.

still trying to figure out audio/ethernet...