Problem with Kalyway 10.5.1

_NerdS_

7 posts in this topic

Hi everybody, I have a problem. I installed leopard (kalyway 10.5.1) on my laptop. The installation was successful, without any error. I reboot the pc, and then I have a black screen with the blinking cursor. The hard drive led on the notebook is fixed, like the hard disk was working, but nothing happens. What can I do? Do you have any idea?

Thank you.

(I'm italian, sorry for my bad english)

CIAO!! Anche a me è successa la stessa identica cosa.. e ho già provato a reinstallarlo 7 volte cambiando le opzioni..

Non so più che fare!!!!

Hi, the same problem happens to me, and I have already tried to install it changing options 7 times.. I don't know why!

Yeah, this happened to me everytime I tried to install Kalyway or iATKOS.

I tried leaving the disc in and just letting the time go down and for some reason it started booting off the HD.

Also you can try using Gparted to make the partition active, or when you have the disc in press F8 and type this in where it says Boot: rd=Mac HD (The Mac HD is whatever you named your partition or disk)

Anyways, might not help as I had to install a billion times, but this is what worked for me, I did all of the above and can't boot without having the disc in and letting the time expire.

Hope that helps,

Clotz2000

Search the forum for "Blinking Cursor"!

In other words "I have no clue as to how to help you maybe searching for it?"

Man why post.. Thanks wannamod but they have mods.. they dont need your help.

Anyway.. for me there was on the disk how to fix this.. sorry I dont remember and dont have the disk right there. KEEP ASKING someone will help

Thank you everybody for your answers. I erased the entire disk with zeros (i find someone on this forum that wrote that this would have solved my problem), and then I installed again leopard (kalyway 10.5.1). At the end of the installation process, when I reboot, it happens again: the "_" blinking on the black screen. But if I boot from the leopard dvd, the system starts without any problem.

Do I have to boot from the dvd every time to start leopard?

Finally, I have my laptop with Windows XP Pro, Windows Vista Ultimate x64, Linux openSUSE 10.3 and Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1, all working. I use grub as bootloader, with efi v8. Now I have to wait the drivers for leopard, because I have only bluetooth and lan fully working. I don't have the drivers for audio (Realtek HD), video (nVidia 8800M GTX, G92) and wireless (Intel 4965 a/b/g/n).