Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Build Darwin 9.0

2 posts in this topic

Hello out there,

yesterday I tried to build Darwin with the DarwinBuildTools supplied by the macosforge.org website.

With the instructions I found in the README file I was able to build the xnu kernel.

But there is more to an OS than the kernel, so I tried to build the other tools like launchd or BootX.

It didn´t work! The compilation stoped. I think in terms of dependencies.

So I looked an found script which should generate a ordered by dependecies list of tools to compilie in the right way. And I found a script which would compile the tools in the list automated.

But the buildorder-script does not work.

There is even a script called darwinmaser which should create a iso-image file out of the compiled packages.

Is there anyone out there with some expirience to this problem or got a solution?

All i want to get is a minimal darwin-system with all the necessary tools to run.

All the rest i want to build with macports or pkgsrc which allows to compile i.e. kde and all the other open-source stuff onto darwin. So i should get yet another unix.

kindest regards