system config file '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

phantomrider1978

4 posts in this topic

hello all, i am having trouble installing Iatkos v1.0 leopard on my machine. I had it install and reboot with it going to the desktop. I used it and everything worked. On shutting down and going back to use my system later on, it was as if the OS was never installed. I am using a MSI 945GM3-F, a Maxtor 150gb SATA2 harddrive, 2gb of Corsair Ram (2x1024) DDR2 533mhz, and an Intel 3.0ghz CPU. I had 10.4.9 installed previously on this partion with everything working and no problems. I was not aware that doing an update to the OS would cause it to crash; my doing so caused a blinking icon and no OS. Now, i decided to go with Iatkos.

I go through the Iatkos install process and it says that the install was a success, then it goes to reboot. When i let it reboot and go through darwin, i get this error:

System Config File '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

Does anyone have any idea as to what i may be doing wrong? I know that this OS will install on this mobo. Like i said, i had 10.4.9 on it before, i just would really like to be current with this wonderful OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hello all, i am having trouble installing Iatkos v1.0 leopard on my machine. I had it install and reboot with it going to the desktop. I used it and everything worked. On shutting down and going back to use my system later on, it was as if the OS was never installed. I am using a MSI 945GM3-F, a Maxtor 150gb SATA2 harddrive, 2gb of Corsair Ram (2x1024) DDR2 533mhz, and an Intel 3.0ghz CPU. I had 10.4.9 installed previously on this partion with everything working and no problems. I was not aware that doing an update to the OS would cause it to crash; my doing so caused a blinking icon and no OS. Now, i decided to go with Iatkos.

I go through the Iatkos install process and it says that the install was a success, then it goes to reboot. When i let it reboot and go through darwin, i get this error:

System Config File '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found

Does anyone have any idea as to what i may be doing wrong? I know that this OS will install on this mobo. Like i said, i had 10.4.9 on it before, i just would really like to be current with this wonderful OS. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

when System Config File '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found appear...

press F8, select your Leopard partition, press ENTER

when System Config File '/com.apple.boot.plist' not found appear...

press F8, select your Leopard partition, press ENTER

I'm having a similar problem - installed on a sata 500GB disk (new) and efter the first reboot of the iATKOS installation - then I got that message. /com.apple.Boot.plist' not found - I pressed f8 as said but nothing that made it "go on" into the system. Enter did not help. Not sure what's wrong. I have the B2X Intel motherboard with everything working perfect in Tiger.

anyone know the answer? Should I change anything in BIOS? Is it important what number the disk i set on? sata 1 -4 hmm..