Jas 10.4.8 Install Can't Find Hard Drive.

Maxdicapua

12 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have already set up a partition in vista and then set that partition as my primary drive.

I then restart with the jas dvd in the drive and this all boots up well, I get to the language screen and all is working, then to the introduction screen.

After this it gets to the select a destination screen and of course theres nothing there, so I then go to the utilities tab and then Disk Utility. When this loads up there is just the DVD showing up.

I am very confused and have searched this forum and used many search engines trying to find a solution.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

Just wanted to add some more info:

My hard drive is an ATA drive 120GB

My Partitions are as follows:

(vista) C: 90GB > NTFS

(vista Recovery) D: 10GB > NTFS

(Mac OS) F: 20GB > FAT32

My Laptop specs are:

AMD Turion 64 x2 TL-58 (dual core 1.9ghz) Supports SSE, SSE2 & SSE3

2GB Ram

120GB Hard Drive.

Anything else you might need to knnow just tell me

When you set up the partition in Vista, what command did you use in diskpart? Did you use diskpart??

I see that you formatted it as FAT32, which is not recognised in Mac, Erase you partition, and do this:

Start > Run > Diskpart

type: select disk=0

type: list partition

Find the 20GB FAT32 Partition and remember the partition number (either 1, 2 or 3)

Now type: select partition=(The number above)

"Partition X is now the selected partition."

Now type: delete partition (make sure there is nothing important on the disk!!)

It should say "Command successful" or something

Now, type: create partition primary id=af

Command completed or created message...

Now the install dvd should find you drive, but remember to open disk utility and format it to a HFS + (journaled) partition.

Good Luck!!

Andrew

hi,

tried this but no luck :)

Not sure what to do now if i was to install it to a usb hard drive would i then be able to install patch and then transfer the install to my partitioned drive? (sorry for the noob question)

That sounds extremly complicated... lol

Can you just put a hard drive into your computer box and install onto that..? It is so easy...

When you say 'tried this with no luck' , where did the 'no luck' happen..? Did you get the existing partition erased..? If you want step-by-step, I have MSN + Gtalk ...

-Andrew

• 1 year later...
Hi,

I have already set up a partition in vista and then set that partition as my primary drive.

I then restart with the jas dvd in the drive and this all boots up well, I get to the language screen and all is working, then to the introduction screen.

After this it gets to the select a destination screen and of course theres nothing there, so I then go to the utilities tab and then Disk Utility. When this loads up there is just the DVD showing up.

I am very confused and have searched this forum and used many search engines trying to find a solution.

Thanks for your help in advance :(

Sorry to hear that

I had the same problem a few days ago

Here is how I solved it, with my friend's help:

Set your hard drive as the Second Master device

Set your CD/DVD Driver as the Second Slave device

Then you should see the hard driver in the Disk Utilities

If that doesn't work, just let me know

• 2 months later...

Hi I cannot seem to find my HDD either and i read your comment an thought it might work till i realized that i am using a Laptop and cannot change my slave options. I tried changing the boot order in bios but that still had no effect. I know the HDD is supported and works because i had a successfull install using the same HDD externally with an adapter;as soon as i put it in my computer , though, i got the little "no smoking" looking sign at the bootup apple screen.

I am wondering if you could help me make my HDD visible so that i know i would have a successfull install after doing so.

Thanx

Sorry to hear that

I had the same problem a few days ago

Here is how I solved it, with my friend's help:

Set your hard drive as the Second Master device

Set your CD/DVD Driver as the Second Slave device

Then you should see the hard driver in the Disk Utilities

If that doesn't work, just let me know

• 3 weeks later...
Hi,

Thanks for your help in advance ;)

Try formatting as FAT 32

• 1 month later...

Have you found the solution ?

I have exactly the same probleme you had.

Thanks a lot

Nik.

Hi,

Thanks for your help in advance :)

• 2 months later...
hi,

tried this but no luck :(

Not sure what to do now if i was to install it to a usb hard drive would i then be able to install patch and then transfer the install to my partitioned drive? (sorry for the noob question)

i have the same problem..solution ?

• 1 month later...