10.5.1 Leopard Installation Problem

Domestic

6 posts in this topic

ello all

I have problem installing osx 10.5.1 on my ATA WD disk, because osx can't recognize it. the disk is fully recognized in BIOS and Windows among other sata disks. I am using three disks, one ata on which I want to install osx, and two sata disks (windows system disk and data disk). I have also Plextor dvd-rw on sata conector and all sata drives are recognized in osx installation, I just can't see my ata disk.

I have searched forum for any similar problems but didn't find anything. I am using Intel DP35DP motherboard with Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4 ghz processor.

I appreciate any informations and help!

have phun

Iztok

it seems nobody has a clue about that problem. I know this is odd issue cause ata is old technology but I am not installing osx first time, I had Tiger installed year ago (I think it was 10.4.3), but I have new hardware now and I desperately want to test Leopard and I have no idea how to fix ata disk.

Is there anyone with same motherboard using ata disk for Leopard?

tnx and have phun

Iztok

this is so strange... I searched forum and figured out that many users have problems with sata drives. I have just the opposite problem, all my sata drives are recognized perfectly, but my ide disk isn't on which I want to install Leopard.

is there really nobody who can give me a hint?

Iztok

tnx for reply and I read that thread but that user's problem is not similar to mine, cause my devices are working perfectly in bios and I can boot from any device I want (ide and sata). also everything works perfectly in windows xp, but system profiler can't detect my ide-ata disk in kalway leopard 10.5.1 installation.

I also downloaded and tried Jas 10.4.8 tiger but there are even stranger things happening, never mind...

I think this has something to do with leopard compatibility with my intel dp35dp board, but I saw on this forum that some users successfully installed leopard 10.5.1 on same motherboard, but I didn't find anyone using ide-ata disk.

Has anybody installed leopard 10.5.1 on ide-ata disk with dp35dp or any other motherboard?

have phun

• 3 months later...