True Dual Booting without VMware works fine... but

6 posts in this topic

Bascially I am dual booting just fine between OSx & WindowsXP. Drivers and everything works nicely, however I want to boot my OSx partition in VMware in windows. I am using VMware workstation v6. Has this been done before? I have seen people do the opposite, booting their Windows partition from VMWare fusion.

Shure, I did with Tiger, is easier when you have Mac OS X on another disk, but it work also on smae disk.

You only add a new disk to VMware, choose Physical Disk, if it is another disk choose Entire Disk, if it is another partition choose partition.

Attempting to do this now. 2nd question, I looked on VMwares website and they have an Workstation ACE edition, but whats the true different between the workstation edition and ACE? from my single user use, it sounds like it only helps for people wanting to run multiple users on terminals? ...I am getting kernal lock ups. I have it set as a free bsd system, should it be set differently?

Don't know about the ACE version.

Could you be more especific, which version of Mac OS X are you trying to run, SPECS and more info.

Also there are problems on the latest release of VMware and Mac OS X, you should run it wiht previous builds, I think it is the first build of version 6 the one that works fine.