Successful Leopard AMD install!

BitBaXeMan

2 posts in this topic

Hey guys, I'm booting up just fine now, except no audio or usb... I have an A8n32-Sli-Deluxe mobo with an AC97 (I know, this is gonna be fun huh? :wacko: ) and I've messed around with the OSx86 wiki and some other guides, but what I'm really really stuck on is the USB problem.

I have an external USB drive that I'd love to get access to. Although, it's mainly my music collection heh.

I am stumbling around in mac... Going from a windows "power user" to a gimpy noob is a humbling experience.

Still no sound... I found this comment on a HCL about my mobo:

"Audio(AC97 guide and also lookup commands to permanently save audio settings I used xplodes guide to set it up), PS/2 OSX keeps giving a 'you need to restart' window on startup if overclocked too high"

I found this online, but the guide It's talking about actually seemed to hurt my system stability. Everything was running perfectly untill I finished the guide and hit restart... Now, within a minute or two of booting up, the computer freezes up. The dock at the bottom falls out of view and then I only have control of the mouse after that. I'm gonna do a fresh new install of Leopard and try again...

Any clue on those commands "to permanently save audio settings"? For the record, I never actually managed to load up iTunes, but when I raised and lowered the volume from the desktop, I'd swear I heard static jumping up in volume.