Graphics stutter worse after QE/CI enabled

sdelano

6 posts in this topic

I just installed an XFX GeForce 7600GT into my computer to remedy the issue of not having QE/CI with my x800GTO. I enabled QE/CI with Natit Dual 0.2, and also NVinject 0.2.2, and both seem to support my card 100% except that my computer is more unusable now than it was before I had QE/CI.

Before, the only thing that was slightly annoying was the fact that I could not get video to play and the animations were horribly slow. Now everything is horribly slow!!! QE and CI are enabled, and now All the menus and such are transparent, but even mouse movement stutters and makes the computer basically unusable. Is there anything that I can do to try to remedy this? Is it a problem with the video card or something else?

Here are my specs:

Proc: Pentium D820 2.8Ghz

Mobo: ECS 945P-A

Graphics: XFX 7600GT

RAM: 4GB (not all addressed due to 945 architecture)

HDD: 120GB IDE, 2x300GB SATA (disconnected)

Anyone have a clue?

Thanks,

sdelano

edit: I am running iATKOS with one of the two processor related kext options checked because my computer would only run for about 5 minutes with this kext enabled....everything worked fine before i got QE/CI enabled

To remove the kexts (or just disable them instead) open up terminal and do the following:

sudo -s
mv -f /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext /System/Library/Extensions/Natit.kext.bak
rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.mkext
rm -f /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

To remove NVinject, just add another line replacing Natit with NVinject.

Hope that helps you get back up to normal speed.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this issue yet?

Thanks

Well it was indeed my computer and not my graphics card...

fixed ti with the following boot flags:

idlehalt=0

cpus=1

Bummer though that now I only have one processor.....

Before, System Profiler showed one processor but the activity monitor showed 2 separate processors, now Activity Monitor shows only one. Oh well....at least it works.

Now I have to decide whether to buy this graphics card (I used my friends because he doesn't have the rest of his computer yet and let me use it til he builds his).

Should I buy the card and just deal with one processor? A big reason that I wanted to use OSX is because I could then run XP in parallels but still have a great UNIX environment (I am a computer engineering student). What do you guys think? I don't have enough to splurge on a new Video Card + Processor/mobo and my mobo doesn't support Core 2 Duo or else I would get like a 2xxx processor just for now.

Thanks,

sdelano