Mac Addr - No Boot (Disable Booting From LAN)

Siberia.

3 posts in this topic

I get this problem on boot of a new installation of Leopard for AMD. The installation itself had no problems but I've looked around for this problem and can't find anything that has helped so far. The error message I get is shown below.

macqc1.th.jpg

nForce4M-A Mother Board

AMD 4200X2

2Gb RAM

nVidia 7600GT

(Leopard is currently installed on an IDE HDD)

I'm assuming it's a network related issue but have had no solutions found any help appreciated. I've successfully also had Tiger on before this install but a distro of linux on it more recently.

I believe it may be attempting to boot from the network as disabling onboard peripherals such as the LAN then gives a disk error and asks for insertion of a system disk. In the BIOS there is no sign I can see of LAN booting as it is set to HDD only.

Leopard is installed on a IDE HDD Journaled and after a fresh install 'Boot Disk Failure, Please Insert System Disk' appears. Can't find anything in BIOS to suggest the HDD isn't found but when I load the Disk Starup utility from the OS X disk the only possible option is network. Anyone got any ideas on how to overcome this?