Kalyway Problem b0 Error

remygo

9 posts in this topic

Hi when i boot the b0 error appears , I tried the solution with fdisk -e /dev/rdisk0 and so on , i also put the disk with Mac at the first boot device when i do that my Windows on the other disk also doesn't work . The problem is there already ... anybody an idea what I could do ?

Thanks a lot remy

i had similar problems getting mine running. When you setup a HDD for use, assuming you have a dedicated one like me. Set up a single partition using MBR under options, when installing OSX kalyway select the MBR option only.

Should work fine once its installed :wacko:

i did it like you say .... I installed Kalyway on my D: and on my C: ist Windows ... I reiinstalled it and choosed MBR ... it works but there is a black screen and the " _ " blinks like when windows is loading .... nothing happens , I waited about half an hour

are you using 1 partition, anything else? Thats the problem i had but doing this setup made it work, the cursor would flash for about 3-5sec then it would load. You can still kickstart it by leaving the DVD in and not touching everything and let the timer count down ;)

*warning* think VERY carefully before taking advice/hints from a noob, esp. one like ME *warning*

i was having the blinking cursor problem on my installation, but it turns out it was because i didn't have the darwin bootloader installed to it. i don't want to say that this is the reason you are having the blinking cursor, but that was my reason, that and because it wasn't set as a boot partition.

if you can get the gparted livecd, i would say go get one and boot your computer from it, choose the first option from gparted disk when your computer starts. hopefully it will load and everything will be ok. if it gparted works, you should see your harddrive partitions in a window. on the upper right of the window will be a little menu that you will be able to click to change harddrives (it'll say something weird like sda1 or sdb1 or something like that). choose the one that your leopard install is on. then look at the partition (or entire drive) that your leopard install is on. make sure it's hfs+ and make sure that where it says 'flags' at the far right its flagged for 'boot.' if it's not, then right click on your leopard install partition (or drive) and goto option that sounds like 'boot flags.' then a box should pop up and you can pick 'boot' checkbox from it. it will make your leopard partition bootable. restart your computer and cross your fingers.

if THAT didn't work maybe you don't have darwin bootloader installed, here are at least three things you can do:

1.) if you have fast connection and you can find it, get the iATKOS disk and boot into it. when it loads up, click on the utilities tab and select darwin_boot loader. follow the instructions on it CAREFULLY. it should add it to your harddrive the darwin boot loader.

note: you say your mac drive is d:\ so it's probably disk1. For example, when the prompt asks what hdd, you put 2 (the 2nd hdd) and whatever partition, then say yes to efi (worked for me, dunno if for you). then reboot your pc and cross your fingers!

2.) (if you can't get iATKOS and/or you don't wanna wait for the install disk to load (i dunno how well it would work in vmware or w/e) then you can look for i_am Me's script, which i hear has the darwin bootloader script in it.

3.) there is something called boot0 that may or may not install to a mbr partition. there is some line you can type into a terminal starting with dd ./boot0 if=/dev/rdisk something or other (i can't remember it at all) and that might work for you...

in short, when i did my install, i used iatkos to make my partitions, then i used the darwin booter on the iatkos disk, then i installed kalyway to the disk on internal drive (disk1s1 if you're curious^^ ) then i booted into gparted and made that partition bootable. vista is my main drive and i put a boot.ini there that loads tboot which somehow can find my leopard drive and boot it up.

it worked for me!