Help on New Install

Sh3dy

3 posts in this topic

Ok, so i have a Macbook Pro and have some spare desktop parts laying around so i want to build a desktop that just runs leopard.

Motherboard - Intel DG33TL

Proccesor - Q6700 QuadCore

Chipset - Intel® G33 Express Chipset

Lan - Intel® 82566DC Gigabit Ethernet Controller

Ram - Generic 1GB DDR2

2 IDE DVD Drives

WD Raptor SATA 37GB Harddrive

So I have two of the leopard drop in disc's and a copy of 10.4 that came with the laptop. I have also downloaded Kal. Leopard release.

None of which work. On the Kal disc, i get past the darwin screen and get to the gray apple screen and thats it, no activity from the dvd drive, Currently im letting it sit to see if it just takes some time to load.

So what am I doing wrong? Is there another disc i need? From what i know i can't use my mac disc because of TPM or something.

Edit - I've let it sit for over 30mins now and im still sitting at the Gray Apple Screen.

Edit - Ok just found a post http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=76393 ...According to reading that i guess this motherboard will not work for a mac, what are the possibilites that it will be able to work in the near future, otherwise im just building a vista box.

• 4 months later...

Hi. I have the DG33TL too. I've tried many ways to install but have not been sucessful. I know my board may not be compatible but on one time of trying to install last night, I came up with the gray Apple screen and it froze there. So I rebooted, no luck. Anyone know if this one works on a ECSPT800 CE-A P4 Board?