Add kext to ISO

dpace32

3 posts in this topic

Hello - I have been trying for a couple weeks to get OSX running on my Dell 531 which has an AMD 5000+ and nForce4 chipset which means SATA hard drives. I cannot seem to find a prebuilt ISO that has the magic to make this work so I am starting with one that I downloaded from the web that I plan to load the AppleNForceATA.kext file to. How do I do this? I can only load XP or Vista right now and I have UltraISO and the kext... now what? Please help this is driving me crazy!I have done several searches and it looks like all the guides are for people that have access to a computer with OSX already... I only have this desktop with Xp/Vista.

• 3 months later...

Have you found any solutions yet?

I have a Fatal1ty Mobo with Nforce4 aswell. Trying to find a way to add the Kexts to a iso but cant find anything either :)

i found this thread tho http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;hl=nforce+kext

gonna try applying the kext in there. all i need is some kind of faq or something that can help me.

werid thing is that the installer sometimes the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd installer starts and finds harddrives and sometimes i get the Root device message. :D

• 1 month later...
Have you found any solutions yet?

I have a Fatal1ty Mobo with Nforce4 aswell. Trying to find a way to add the Kexts to a iso but cant find anything either :(

i found this thread tho http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...;hl=nforce+kext

gonna try applying the kext in there. all i need is some kind of faq or something that can help me.

werid thing is that the installer sometimes the Kalyway_10.5.2_DVD_Intel_Amd installer starts and finds harddrives and sometimes i get the Root device message. :o

Hey did you ever get this figured out because im in the same ball park.

I get stuck on the install because of sata