Leopard on Inspiron 8600?

funkmasta

5 posts in this topic

I'm running Leopard on my Inspiron 8600. I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 build. I make it a habit to install as clean of a build off of the install DVD as is possible, adding graphics (nvidia GeForce FX GO5200 via natit), sound, etc, after the fact.

No power management, and I haven't tried to install the ALPS touchpad support as of yet, but all the essentials work just fine (graphics, ethernet, WiFi, audio, DVD).

I'm running Leopard on my Inspiron 8600. I used the Kalyway 10.5.1 build. I make it a habit to install as clean of a build off of the install DVD as is possible, adding graphics (nvidia GeForce FX GO5200 via natit), sound, etc, after the fact.

No power management, and I haven't tried to install the ALPS touchpad support as of yet, but all the essentials work just fine (graphics, ethernet, WiFi, audio, DVD).

Hey man,

I was wandering exactly what options you selected on the install to get it running on your 8600. Are you using Vanilla also? i also noticed that you posted a few days ago. have you gotten anything else working. Good to hear that yours works; I hope I can have the same luck. Any help would be appreciated.