Leopard installation

ertz

6 posts in this topic

Hey peeps. I bring these (noob) question before I try upgrading from Tiger to Leopard... I honestly don't care that much about the data in Tiger's partition, but if I can avoid formatting it, it would be great :). My main concern is Boot Camp and the current installation of Windows on the other partition. It's someone else's MacBook and its owner uses it for work (he's a medic, so he keeps a database with _very_ important information that I'm not allowed to screw up). So, to clear it up:

1) Is it posible to upgrade to Leopard without losing the documents currently in Tiger?.

2) Will I still be able to boot the Windows partition after OS upgrade?.

Thanks!, and happy new year!

Anyone? please :). I understand that it might be a stupid question, but since it's not my computer I rather ask to be sure that I won't screw things up.

In theory I won't be touching Windows' partition and I won't format Tiger's partition, I just want to know if I'll still be able to boot into Windows (by holding the Alt key on startup) once Leopard's installation is complete.

um...if its that important, why are you not keeping backups?

um... i have an outdated back up copy of the database, it's just a PITA to restore so I rather avoid it :angel:. To get a clean back up of the db I have to update the software (this software is called Angel btw) 6 times (3.2 -> 3.3 -> 3.3.1 -> 3.3.1.b -> 3.4 -> 3.4.1). The updates aren't quite safe either as I had huge problems and data loss during an upgrade on another test machine, so the safest thing to do would be not even touch it.