Any luck with a Dell Dimension E310?

360freak

4 posts in this topic

I gave up on the Tiger installation a couple of months ago, but has anyone had any luck with or heard of any luck with a Dell Dimension E310? I currently have a t0rr3nt going of it. Btw, I have an nvidia fx series card in it instead of the intergrated intel graphics card, and i have a Creative Audigy sound card I can use if I have trouble with the integrated intel sound.

I got Leopard to work using Kalyway's dvd. I have a nvidia fx5200 pci video card but I had to disable it in bios to get the installation disk to work. After installation I re-enabled it and it worked like a charm. Also the integrated sound does work if you use the hda patcher. If you have any questions feel free to pm me.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...

Greetings,

I'm new to the forum and to Mac OS X. For the record, I consider myself to be pretty much adept at anything computer related.

I installed Kalyway 10.5.2 on a Dell Dimentia E-310 with no issues other than getting the audio to work and patching the System Profiler. I used the version 1.16 HDApatcher and stac9200.txt for the audio. i'm currently dual booting with Windows XP Pro.

Since the Dell has minimal onboard video at best, I had to use a PCI video card to get halfway decent results. Since I didn't want to spend much on this system because it is a Dell and in my opinion Dell computers are basically junk, I used a Diamond ATI X1550 256mb PCI video card I had laying around (there are only 2 PCI slots and 1 PCI-E X1 expansion slots). Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any suitable drivers for the card as most all of the ATI kext files appear to be for AGP or PCI-E video cards.

If there is someone who can point me in the right direction to get the most out of my video display adapter? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

System Specs:

Dell Dimension E-310

Intel Pentium 4 CPU @ 2.83 GHz

2 GB Crucial PC 4200 Memory

Diamond ATI Radeon X1550 PCI 256 MB Display Adapter

Seagate 320 GB Sata HDD

Liteon 20x DVD Burner

Dell proprietary DVD Burner (basically junk)

Texas Insruments OHCI PCI Firewire

Intel V100 Pro on-board NIC

Sigmatel 92xx Series on-board HD Audio

Altec Lansing ATP3 Speakers

Microsoft Wireless Comfort Keyboard 1.0

Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000

Samsung SyncMaster 931BF Monitor