JaS OS X 10.4.8 install on Thinkpad T60P... Install issue.

slipknot14469

2 posts in this topic

Hey all, I'm a new member to this forum and have finally decided to give a shot at running Mac OS X on my T60P. I ran the install and it seemed to have installed fine and follows through and does its auto-reboot. However, on the reboot it just freezes at the grey Apple spash screen after the indicator spins around for about 30 seconds. I can hear my hard drive loading everything thing but after the 30 seconds or so it stops making noise and the indicator stops moving as well. Thats as far as I've gotten.

Here is some info about my computer and how I installed to aid in helping me fix this issue.

My bios settings were reverted back to "Default" with the exception of switching USB Hard drive to boot before Netowork boot.

First of all, my specs are:

Product: ThinkPad T60p 2008-87U [change] Operating system: Windows XP [change] Original description: T2600(2.16GHz), 2GB RAM, 100GB 7200rpm HD, 14.1in 1400x1050 LCD, 256MB ATI FireGL V5200, CDRW/DVD, Intel 3495 802.11abg wireless, Bluetooth/Modem, 1Gb Ethernet, UltraNav, Secure chip, 9c Li-Ion batt, WinXP Pro

I'm installing the OS onto an external hard drive and remove my primary drive for fear of the MBR getting messed with. I stick the DVD into my drive and boot it. It loads and brings me to the setup screen and asks to choose my language. I choose my USA of course. Next screen is where you select a drive to install on. Of course my drive does'nt show up (formatted for windows). I then click the disk utility from the drop down menu. It sees my USB Hard drive (western digital 40gb), I select the erase tab and and format it. The type of format I selected was the default option ( Mac OS Extended (Journaled)). It formats and when done, the hard drive now shows up as a selectable drive to install on. I click it and it brings me to the next screen of what I want to install. Other than the main install the options I select are: Addional Fonts, X11, JaS Intel 10.4.8 ATA kext, Common device drivers(cant remember the exact description), Intel & ATI drivers (cant remember the exact description). I then click next and it does its install fine, finishes and does its reboot.

Am I doing anything wrong or missing something?

Sorry for the long write up I just wanted to as much details as possible to get the best possible help.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Bryant

got it working, i deselected everything except for the main installation and Intel option. It now boots but I cannot get the video driver to work for my card. I followed the instructions to change my FireGL v5200 to a x1600 but when i boot up it says the ATIX1000 file or whatever cant be used.