Installation hangs at about 95% please help

PJ_OSX

4 posts in this topic

I'm trying to install this on my pentium 4 desktop, I was able to install 10.4 versions of osx86 before. The problem I'm having is that it says "Installing" with the big X screen and the blue status bar, but at about 95% it just stops, the blue bar stops flashing back and forth and my hard drive light stops flashing entirely. Does anyone have any ideas? I am duel boot installing with XP just in case that matters. Thank you.

update:

i unchecked the extra printer files, french lang, and extra fonts and it went through but crashed and it gave me a error log which i don't understand at all and the option to try to reinstall the os.

Hehe

I have this problem too but i got an error message :)

"The installer encountered an unknown error that failed the install. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

"Donw35 says:

May be a bad DVD burn. Did you reburn another, always burn bootalbe DVD no higher the 4x."

It's OK I burn this DVD with Ashampoo Burning studio. Today i will burn it again with Nero.

Hehe

I have this problem too but i got an error message :)

"The installer encountered an unknown error that failed the install. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance."

"Donw35 says:

May be a bad DVD burn. Did you reburn another, always burn bootalbe DVD no higher the 4x."

It's OK I burn this DVD with Ashampoo Burning studio. Today i will burn it again with Nero.

I burned at 4x with nero using a memorex dvd-r, i just opened the iso image with nero and burned. I tried burning it at 2.4x with ImgBurn, that didn't work either, I only got that error message once, the other times it just crashes at 95%, I don't know what is wrong :) I formatted my partition with mac journaled as well. What is the best version to install of OSX86 10.5.1?

i got it to install finally by not erasing the partition after it failed and trying to install again, but now it says i have no keyboard, i plugged in a usb keyboard and it worked but when i get to the point where it asks me if i want to migrate info from another mac i say no and click continue, it loads from the harddrive a bit and then it restarts the welcome animation and tries to get me to install my keyboard again :D