XP with Leopard on same HDD

Gabre

4 posts in this topic

hi guys!

im new to all Mac at PC situation,

i'm writing from Croatia, Europe.

My configuration is Intel E2160, MBO Asus P5LD2-SE, 1Gb DDR2, ATI1600pro, Sata DVDRW Samsung 203N, and WD 3200AAKS HDD SATAII..

i've been trying whole day to install Leopard 10.5.1 Kallway (apple with a little bit of hip hop :) version) on a small IDE HDD 20GB, but it constantly freezes after first reboot..

now im interested how to install Leopard on a third partition i have on my 320Gb hard drive, I have Windows XP installed at first partition, second one is data partition (movies, music..), and the third one i would like to use for Leopard.

I formated it to FAT32, and its clean now.

what is my next step, cause i cant afford to install leopard, and then not be able to boot into winXP, cause its my job who is depending on it... :(

thank u all for answers and advices, i am new to this forum, and i apologize if i did something wrong before writing this topic.

:)

Hi, You my use Leo flat img - mininova.org. Very easy installation, but then again you might encourage the same problem as I did. HERE: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=79858

Fixing XP mbr is easy peasy if you do anythig wrong with/to it.

Boot from XP CD choose "repair" by "R" when "logged to windows instalation"  just type: fixmbr then confirm.

And Your done.

so u r saying that i can install Leopard on the second partiton, then reboot, and insert WinXp install CD, choose repair,and then i will have an option to boot into windows and Leopard,like some kind of boot menu?

or?

tnx for reply :( btw, where can i find drivers for my ATI 1600pro PCI-E card?