iAtkos 1.0 r2 *blink cursor of dead at boot.*

anibalin

12 posts in this topic

there is something funky with r2.

Original iatkos was a breeze (I have the sleep issue like everybody, but restart and shutdown are ok). For the sake of testing took a new drive to try r2.

sata 0 = dvd

sata 1 = hdd 500gb.

booted with gparted, deleted the hdd. Started r2 setup. Customize and ticked:

Darwin EFI Bootloader, Stock AppleACPIPlatform.Kext, Stock Kernel.

After restart; blink cursor. I put gparted and the hdd hadnt have the boot flag. Ticked the boot flag, restarted. Nothing. The same.

The whole process again, now, I only check Darwin X86 Boot. Restarted. Nothing. Gparted to put the boot flag, nothing.

Whats wrong? Bootloader is not getting installed? (?)

gigabyte 965p-ds3 / 4gb / q6600.

I think you're getting the HFS+ error. Try booting into the installation media again, this time go directly to the terminal.

type in

fdisk -u /dev/disk0s1

or replace disk0s1 with whatever you have

It should ask you if you want to rewrite the MBR, hit Y and hit enter. Restart and it might work. I'm not too sure, but give it a shot and let me know.

there is something funky with r2.

Original iatkos was a breeze (I have the sleep issue like everybody, but restart and shutdown are ok). For the sake of testing took a new drive to try r2.

sata 0 = dvd

sata 1 = hdd 500gb.

booted with gparted, deleted the hdd. Started r2 setup. Customize and ticked:

Darwin EFI Bootloader, Stock AppleACPIPlatform.Kext, Stock Kernel.

After restart; blink cursor. I put gparted and the hdd hadnt have the boot flag. Ticked the boot flag, restarted. Nothing. The same.

The whole process again, now, I only check Darwin X86 Boot. Restarted. Nothing. Gparted to put the boot flag, nothing.

Whats wrong? Bootloader is not getting installed? (?)

gigabyte 965p-ds3 / 4gb / q6600.

@sccpu3d - will try and post.

well just tried that, and at least, now I get the same blinking cursor but the hdd led its on (constant) and nothing happens.

checked with gparted and the boot flag its on.

edit: rebooted again, loaded the setup, opened startup disk utility and it doesnt show the harddrive. only network. I guess thats why it doesnt boot up.

• 2 months later...

Did you solve this problem? because this is exactly what's happening to me, The original Iatkos worked perfectly but this one doesn't even startup if I install the darwin bootloader and it gives me an error if I don't install itDid you solve this problem? because this is exactly what's happening to me, The original Iatkos worked perfectly but this one doesn't even startup if I install the darwin bootloader and it gives me an error if I don't install it

I am also having the same issue. On wiki

Vostro 1400

* Install Method: iATKOS v1.0ir2

* Install Customization : Darwin x86 Bootloader + nothing else

I tried different combos with same blinking at boot.