Upgrade Dell Dimension 4700 to run OS X Leopard

3 posts in this topic

I have a dell dimension 4700 2.8 p4 running tiger fine apart from the onboard graphics won't do QE/CI, i purchased a soundblaster external 24bit for good sound but now i want to upgrade to leopard, i thought i should upgrade the pc a bit so it works with leopard without too much problems. Can anyone help me by giving me a recommendation of parts i should get for the graphics and sound as these are what i will upgrade.

I heard the nvidia 7600gt works but the 7300gt is better can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks, Shaun

• 1 year later...
I have a dell dimension 4700 2.8 p4 running tiger fine apart from the onboard graphics won't do QE/CI, i purchased a soundblaster external 24bit for good sound but now i want to upgrade to leopard, i thought i should upgrade the pc a bit so it works with leopard without too much problems. Can anyone help me by giving me a recommendation of parts i should get for the graphics and sound as these are what i will upgrade.

I heard the nvidia 7600gt works but the 7300gt is better can anyone confirm this?

Many thanks, Shaun

I've got the same piece of {censored} Dell (I'm on it right now!) with a 8400gs. I'm updated to 10.5.8 and EVERYTHING else that is onboard is working just peachy! (Installed just the base from iAtkos v7 & then used iPCs 10.5.6 for my kexts, after that backed all my extensions up, updated, booted verbose [-v], restored my extensions and BAM!) By the way, I'm fixin' to try and get SL runnin' on this ol' dog! I know it can be done....

• 4 months later...
I've got the same piece of {censored} Dell (I'm on it right now!) with a 8400gs. I'm updated to 10.5.8 and EVERYTHING else that is onboard is working just peachy! (Installed just the base from iAtkos v7 & then used iPCs 10.5.6 for my kexts, after that backed all my extensions up, updated, booted verbose [-v], restored my extensions and BAM!) By the way, I'm fixin' to try and get SL runnin' on this ol' dog! I know it can be done....

hey im tryin to install iAtkos v7 now and it jus reboots.. how was you bios setup? did you do anything special? an did you get snow lwopard installed on it?