Internet through USB

Cirenj

4 posts in this topic

ok...I finally got OSX installed and running....my problem was getting the internet working because it will not recognise my on-board 3com ethernet. So I just hooked up my modem with the USB cable into my computer...the problem I am running into is that after 10 min or so of using the net it stops working and tells me there is a problem...a few min. after that it will come back on and start working again....does my usb port have a time-out enabled or somthing....is there anyway to just continue using my net through my usb insted of buying a supported ethernet card?

ok...I finally got OSX installed and running....my problem was getting the internet working because it will not recognise my on-board 3com ethernet. So I just hooked up my modem with the USB cable into my computer...the problem I am running into is that after 10 min or so of using the net it stops working and tells me there is a problem...a few min. after that it will come back on and start working again....does my usb port have a time-out enabled or somthing....is there anyway to just continue using my net through my usb insted of buying a supported ethernet card?

Not sure if this would work, but try looking for Mac OSX drivers. I tried that with my DLink wireless adapter, no luck because it was the wrong model # but they did install just fine. So that may get it to work, also check into disabling your onboard stuff in your bios. Sometimes that frees up IRQ's and I think I read some where in the past that helps with random blue tooth and USB issues. Hope that helps.

which modem are you using? i tried connecting my modem through usb - it shows up in system profiler but i have no option to connect to the net using it :-(