Installation Problems

Chris Gilbert

2 posts in this topic

So my problem is that I can't install the operating system :-(. I have Zephyroth's Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits), and am running into a problem that my Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse does not work with the installer, and when I use the keyboard to navigate the installer it does not recognise my SATA HDD which is on an XFX Revo RAID PCI card. IE The installer prompts me to select where I would like to install it, but then an empty list is displayed and I have no option other than to back out.

I've read that I can resolve the HDD problem by connecting an IDE HDD, installing to it, then ghosting the drive to a partition on my other HDD. I'm currently using Grub as my boot loader as I already have a dual boot Suse / XP setup, so to my knowledge it will be as simple as install to the IDE disk, ghost to the SATA disk, tweak grub and than I can boot. Is this correct or am I going to have to fiddle with something else as well?

Fixing the 2 problems with the HDD and the mouse would be a great start but then my rig is a custom setup and I was hoping to get some tips on resolving any other issues which may arise from other hardware peculiarities.

The full spec of my system is as follows:

AMD Athlon AM2 6000+

2GB DDR2 RAM

Asus M2N 32 SLi Deluxe Motherboard (nForce 590 Chipset)

GeForce 8800GT 512MB

Logitech MX 1000 Laser (USB mouse)

Logitech Media Keyboard Elite (USB keyboard)

XFX Revo (PCI RAID controller)

3x 1TB SATA2 HDD (Attached to XFX Revo, RAID type 3 array)

Creative Audigy 4 Platinum Pro

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated, and thanks for your time!

• 1 month later...

Chris, did you ever get the M2N-SLI deluxe to work under Zephyroth? If so, how?

So my problem is that I can't install the operating system :-(. I have Zephyroth's Mac OS X Leopard 10.5.1 for AMD SSE2/SSE3 (32bits), and am running into a problem that my Logitech MX1000 Laser mouse does not work with the installer, and when I use the keyboard to navigate the installer it does not recognise my SATA HDD which is on an XFX Revo RAID PCI card. IE The installer prompts me to select where I would like to install it, but then an empty list is displayed and I have no option other than to back out.

I've read that I can resolve the HDD problem by connecting an IDE HDD, installing to it, then ghosting the drive to a partition on my other HDD. I'm currently using Grub as my boot loader as I already have a dual boot Suse / XP setup, so to my knowledge it will be as simple as install to the IDE disk, ghost to the SATA disk, tweak grub and than I can boot. Is this correct or am I going to have to fiddle with something else as well?

Fixing the 2 problems with the HDD and the mouse would be a great start but then my rig is a custom setup and I was hoping to get some tips on resolving any other issues which may arise from other hardware peculiarities.

The full spec of my system is as follows:

AMD Athlon AM2 6000+

2GB DDR2 RAM

Asus M2N 32 SLi Deluxe Motherboard (nForce 590 Chipset)

GeForce 8800GT 512MB

Logitech MX 1000 Laser (USB mouse)

Logitech Media Keyboard Elite (USB keyboard)

XFX Revo (PCI RAID controller)

3x 1TB SATA2 HDD (Attached to XFX Revo, RAID type 3 array)

Creative Audigy 4 Platinum Pro

Any tips or advice would be much appreciated, and thanks for your time!