IBM T30 Post Installation Tasks.

Ed D

7 posts in this topic

All right, I finally got my wireless WPC54G card to work on my T30! Victory is mine! :)

My wireless works, but the top menu still shows the card as "unidentified" as well as my san disk 6 in 1 card reader. I believe that there is a cardbus fix out their that should eliminate the "unidentified" problem for my wireless card, but I'm not so sure that there is a fix for the my san disk reader.

Next, I need to apply the ATi_7500_Pack dmg to my system to get QE working. And I need to tweek a kext to make my system clock a little more accurate. I've seen a fix here that applies 10.3 to 10.4 to enable OpenGL.

So, what other fixes are out there that I need to apply? And will any of them allow my san disk multicard reader to work?

The system was installed using the Myzar 10.4 DVD. The san disk pcmcia multicard reader shows up as a "Standard IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" on a "Texas Instruments PCI-1520 CardBus Controller."

If anyone has any clues, please point me in the right direction. :)

Thanks as always,

Ed.

OK, after applying the ATI 7500 Pack and running the QE Check application, the app tells me "Display not accelerated." So, what did I miss? I use the f option in the kernel, should it be -f? I need some clues! :(

Ed.

• 2 weeks later...

While playing further with the system, I find I have these problems:

• After installing the ATI pack, the screen with the progress indicator has disappeared, only displaying occasionally and then only for an instant.
  • Sound breaks after a short amount of usage playing videos. The Real Time Clock also breaks, counting time at a slower speed as a result.

Any clues on how to fix these?

Ed.