USB very very very slow on x975 motherboard

Samawa

4 posts in this topic

Ever since I installed iATKOS i've never been happier, everything works perfect and stupid fast. the only problem right now is the USB is extremely slow this use to happen on tiger as well. can anybody recommend a remedy? here are my specs (if they even matter, besides the motherboard i mean)

core2duo 6400

shuttle sd37p2 x975 motherboard (Intel 975X chipset and ICH7R southbridge)

4gb ram

300gb seagate

8800gtx 768mb

p.s. is it a common problem not being able to restart or shutdown? i dont really mind it but is it a problem with the EFI or something?

I have an Intel Bad Axe 2 that has similar issues... USB speed is very very slow. I have a USB printer, and logitech quickcam pro 9000, the quickcam is the most visible example, connected to my powerbook G4 i get nearly 4 times the framerate, and printing is similar issue w/ USB speed...

Any ideas'd be great, as I dunno where to start lookin really...

Same problem with usb here:

Tiger 10.4.10 / Leo 10.5.1 running well but USB is so slow: copying 50gb > 1 h !

Have a few USB devices (Bluetooh, Stick, Backup HD, Tablet, Headset) and had to change their connection sequence otherwise the tablet for example was switched off after os x started.

Any help / idea, hint appreciated. Thanks in adavance !

• 1 month later...

Do you have the generic USB driver?

I also got the restart/shutdown problems, so ???

The Broadcom Lan Adapter works for me with kextload daemon and manually giving a mac adress ...

SD37P2

E6300 @ 2.4

ATI X1900 AIW

4x SP2504C 250GB