Leopard on HP DV6500t

Gabik123

7 posts in this topic

I need to preface this by saying i am probably the biggest coding newb on these forums. I have pretty much no idea how to code, but with the graphic postings that have been put up, i have mostly gotten through what i needed to.

Hey guys, i have been doing alot of research on OSX86 and finally decided to try going for it. I have gotten leopard up and running, and using the 8400m gs workaround, installed the necessary drivers. When i go to system profiler, it shows up correctly as "Device ID: 0x0427." However, I still can't change the resolution from 1024x768 to native 1280x800. I was wondering if there was a solution to this. Also, I need to know what program to use (preferably free) so that I can edit the proper ktext file to increase leopard's read of my vram from 32 to 128.

Also, if anyone knows what audio devicei have on the 6500t, or a way to look it up (google is no help here) i would appreciate it so i can find a good workaround. All XP tells me is that its a realtek HDA card.

finally, what (preferably cheap) usb wifi adapter should I buy.

Thank you for any help you all can provide

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

@ HpLaptopMac

I had the same problem with the power adapter. The whole system becomes extremely sluggish and seems to be based on mouse movements / interrupt cycles or whatever, otherwise says frozen. Anyways, solution to that problem, for me at least, is to plug in my Ipod (8 GB Touch). Once the Ipod is recognized, the system is back up a going, nice and smooth. Best way to do it is to power up login, unplug adapter, wait for battery mode to be recognized, plug in Ipod, plug in power. Tedious, but it works.

PMcD