ToH 10.5 After Instal and restart "Comment: repeats please restart your computer"

maghush

7 posts in this topic

one problem after install when it restarts it looks like its starting all fine then weird writing starts scrolling down the screen i think its a kernal panic they call it and it gets blacked out by a message that says please restart your computer so i restart and the same message just keeps coming up i even reinstalled the whole osx and the problem remains what do i do????whats wrong with this boot up process

• 2 weeks later...

This is an indentical (to the last letter!) error to the one I'm getting, anybody know how to fix this?

I read that disabling the "Limit CPUID" option in the bios fixed said problem but it was already disabled in my bios so that didn't help.

My spec:

Asus P5N32E-SLI Mobo

Intel Q6600 2.4Ghz (stock)

Gainward 512MB 8800GT

2GB Memory

500GB Seagate HDD

Any similarities Mac Loz? I figure it's my processor because that is where the panic happens but I'm far from sure.

To avoid that kernel panic I did this:

Press F8 repeatedly when the computer is loading up until reaching the black screen with booting options.

Then type -f

From then on it would normally load the OSX.

Unfortunately, I had to do that every time the computer was restarted, never got around to fix it, but got used to it really fast because it was most of the time on.

Hope it helps, now I'm going to start another thread, because after one month I am also having troubles with my installation : )