Power management and Sleep mode

Edootjuh

14 posts in this topic

Hi all,

My Acer Aspire 5920g Hackintosh is getting pretty stable now, but I still have two problems:

I don't have a battery indicator and when the battery's dead the system just shuts down without warning.

The second is that I can't enable sleep mode, when I try to get it to sleep it seems to go to sleep but immediately wakes up again.

Can anyone help me? :(

Thanks in advance.

I finally found my USB WiFi dongle again, and tried it, but it doesn't work. I don't have a battery indicator and no option to enable it in System Preferences either.

When I enable sleep the screen goes black and the fans stop, but immediately wakes up again.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an Acer Aspire 5610 with Leopard 10.5.1 (iATKOS) running stable on it. I noticed if I didn't install the EFI emulation when I setup Darwin I wasn't able to run the app for Speedstepping or have the battery function correctly. I have the icon for the battery and it will count down the time. But when the battery goes dead my computer just shuts off. And if I try using Sleep my computer seems to completely turn off except for th battery light goes amber. Then when I try to wake it the screen comes back powerd on but black and I see the wait cursor spining and can move the mouse but I never get the computer back fully.