os x 86 Leopard Installation Troubles

xvisual

3 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

currently having a few problems installing leopard, have followed many many tutorials, used the startup file tool, set partition to active bootable etc etc, the best i can get is a flashing cursor when installing on my second partition with vista on the first, or i can get to missing operating system with it the sole HFS+ partition on my hard drive, my first problem i overcame was booting into the installation, i overcame this using the safemode and verbose switches, -x -v this allows me to get to the install, after already creating the new partition with type=af so i can see it, have formatted to Mac Os x Extended ( journaled ) or HFS+ , i am getting to grips with the terminal and have manually patched each file, since when i have two partitions on my hard drive, my pen drive lets os x drop my MAC formatted partition so i have no access. if it helps i am running a HP dv2530ea laptop with Intel gm965 chipsets running on SSe3 so all should be pretty much compatible. if anyone has any ideas or could tell me where i might be going wrong i would be most grateful.

ps have used nateleav76_mod patch and the older patch from the files.zip folder, i have also tried brazilmac;s release and ToH, both wont allow me to install Leopard so i can actually boot it. :(:wacko:

best regards BEN :D

Im starting to think the same thing, ill try it im on fujitsu siemens amilo laptop, and if that fails then i suppose ill have to sacrifice the PC :o

and see how that boots, thats probably the best thing really, could use a spare hdd, ill look back when i manage to get it working on my laptop and try to help you too :(