Floppy Disk

Izlude

2 posts in this topic

Using Vista and OS X 10.4.8

I've got me a buncha disks from years back, my sister's disks really. She wanted me to pull out the goodies, I guess some old essay or whatever.

The disks appear unreadable in Windows even when using MacDrive or Magic ISO. It just wants me to format the disk.

In OS X, my floppy drive doesn't even exist. Is there a way to get the OS to recognize my drive so I can read it? I do remember once putting one of the disks into an old Mac with OS 9, and it read my disk. So I hope there's a way to get'em to read somehow. Thanks!

Using Vista and OS X 10.4.8

I've got me a buncha disks from years back, my sister's disks really. She wanted me to pull out the goodies, I guess some old essay or whatever.

The disks appear unreadable in Windows even when using MacDrive or Magic ISO. It just wants me to format the disk.

In OS X, my floppy drive doesn't even exist. Is there a way to get the OS to recognize my drive so I can read it? I do remember once putting one of the disks into an old Mac with OS 9, and it read my disk. So I hope there's a way to get'em to read somehow. Thanks!

. . . these forums have a useful search function [to the upper LH of each page].