OSX 10.5 Leopard Native install

L1N64-SLI WS

3 posts in this topic

I am still trying to install OSX on my dual socket F machine, but my brother has gotten his to install on his PC. Rig as follows:Mainboard - MSI RD480 Neo2-FIChipset - ATI RS 480CPU - AMD Athlon64 X2 3800+Ram - 2048MB DDR2GPU - ATI Radeon X1300 512MBATA - Seagate Barracudda 160GBSanta left him a link to the file(Zephs I think) in his email inbox with the use of "Tirminal"This is how he installed OSX 10.5:Shutdown pc, unplugged SATA(vista), connected ATA then powered up, inserted OSX dvd. booted from leopard disk with all the scrolling graphics. Once at the Mac installer... clicked english, clicked the "Utilities" tab at the top, "then select disk utility". Select hard disk, chose to partition(Mac OS Extened) named his drive/volume Leopard. and clicked "options" on same page, selected "MBR" then applied. closed disk utilites, clicked continue on installer and after 2-3 hour(i know, long huh!)After OSX reboot, he had a Leopard on his hands, here are some pics of him booting into mac.note: no use of terminal while installing, no typing of "-v -x" no other code entry. just installed!If you haven't noticed by my previous post I am very new to forums and mac for that matter. I do apologize for lack of information that might help anyone. Please feel free to ask anything! Much thanks to Zephyroth, almost certain it was his revision of Leopard that worked. Not sure what the file name is, but when downloaded it was named "Documents"and was in 70+rars

post-165951-1198948247_thumb.jpg

post-165951-1198948450_thumb.jpg

post-165951-1198948661_thumb.jpg

post-165951-1198948889_thumb.jpg

post-165951-1198949143_thumb.jpg

I do not know where or what to do with any driver or file to help you, I bet someone here in the forum could help though. My knowledge of this is next to none, but I have been looking in the forums alot. Seems no one has tried to install on a MB like mine either(same as screen name/ID) I hope you find something that helps you!