help a noob

iskomuhic

7 posts in this topic

Hey... I am a noob to os x x86 :) . I have tryed several versions on my Amd Turion 64 x2 1,6 ghz 1 gb ram 120 gb harddisk but no one seems to work. It is a laptop. One (10.4.8 jas) cant find the harddisk other (Toh Leopard) versions freeze during erasing the partition to Hfs+ journaled . Sorry for bad English. I want to make a duel boot system with vista and os x (any version). Please help. :)

What is your laptop brand and model, I will look into this, in the meanwhile try this, be careful, don't save when you exit.

If you know how to get into your BIOS on your laptop, get into it, if not, it should say "Press blah blah blah key to enter Setup" or "Press blah blah blah key to enter BIOS" or someting of that nature when the computer is booting up. Once in, it should have a blue background, and some options, look through everything and find a page that says something like "Primary" or "Slave" with a hard drive listed next to it, or "SATA 1" or "SATA 2" etc. with a hard drive next to it, if there is one next to SATA then you have a SATA hard drive, if not, it is IDE, but your CDROM drive will show up there as well, try to distinguish them.