Kalyways Leopard hangs at boot

Terror Factor

6 posts in this topic

Hello all!

I've installed OS X 10.5.1, the Kalyway's version. I've formatted my drive with the disk utility, I've made 3 partitions, one for os x, one for windows, one for data. The windows and data partition are formatted as FAT, the os x partition as the standard thing(can't come on the name now, sorry).

I tried both MBR and GUID. In the custom setup I selected vanilla and the fix, the nvidia notebook driver, auvido(probably typed wrong) output, and with the mbr i also selected the wifi driver.

Setup went well, PC reboots, loads white screen with the grey apple, loads that 'loading circle' and after some time the circle stopped and that was it. I've waited for about 10 minutes, doesn't do a thing.

I've tried booting with -v, it said "appleacpips2nub startup complete" and it stopped.

I tried booting with -v -cpus=1(saw that somewhere, the guys pc also stopped at the grey apple), but that didn't make a difference.

after another reboot it said: Extension "com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style"

But all the other times it's "AppleACPIPS2Nub startup complete"

My system: Acer Aspire 5920G

Intel C2D T7300, 2.0 ghz

2GB DDR2 Ram

nvidia 8600GT, 256 ddr2 ram

160GB HD(S-ata iirc)

wifi/bluetooth

By formatting, I also deleted my hidden recoverypartition, if that would make a difference.

Any idea's?

Thanks!

I suggest trying the iAtkos DVD instead of Kalyway, I had the same problem and iAtkos works. If you have SSE2 or AMD then get the R2 patch as well. Or when you boot, at the boot options screen type "-legacy -v" without the quotes, see if that works.

Hello there.

I have same laptop that you have and i had the same problem. I used iATKOS.

It is easy to solve.

The problem is nvidia drivers. In the booting the spinner spins and stops, right?

You can fix it with these commands:

Boot with -s option.

type: /sbin/mount -uw/ this enables the modifications to system files

type: cd /System/Library/Extensions/ navigate to right folder

type: mv NVDAResman.kext NVDAResman.kext.old this renames the unworking kext

reboot

boot normally

This works for me. Some times booting wont work, and you have to boot again.

When you are in desktop you will notice that you cant change the resolution.

Fix for this:

got to this address and crab the driver installer:

http://scottdangel.com/blog/?p=15

this will install fully working drivers.

go and try.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Jaffe

Can you elaborate alittle bit about what you in those commands?

I am using a ASUS F8SV with the Nvidia 8600GT

I have been geting stuck at Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

I used the -s option instead of the -v, and i still get the same message(above)

any tips would really help

thanks lots

same problem with me, but I own an Aspire 5570 (Intel Core Duo T2250, GMA 945G, 2Gb RAM...)

I get stuck at the same exact place. Extension "com.apple.driver.ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin" has immediate dependencies on both com.apple.kernel and com.apple.kpi components; use only one style.

All I can think of is that since I can't change a thing in the bios but the Boot order and some useless GMA thingy It just won't work on the IDE drive (I can't change that either).

Any suggestion? Might as well let it go and stick with XP.. (might try on my Desktop later in Dualboot)