kalyway, apps crashing

gabrigee

7 posts in this topic

Hi all, using kalyway I noticed that i cannot start some apps anymore because they are crashing at startup.

When I was using (the day before yestarday) the flat-image leopard the very same apps were working correctly.

iMovie, then I tried Second Life, the first free app using advanced graphic, that came to my mind.

So the Second Life client was working with the leopard "flat-image" but it is not, (crashing at startup) with the kalyway release.

gfx is an nvidia gefroce 7300gt and I'm using the nvinject driver from kalyway's. Should I try natit ?

This is the system profiler output for the card.

GeForce 7300 GT:

Chipset Model: GeForce 7300 GT

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 256 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0393

Revision ID: 0x00a1

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.1.5

Displays:

Display Connector:

ASUS VW191S:

Resolution: 1440 x 900 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

Did you update any component of your system using Apple Software Update?

I had the same problem and figured that the QuickTime (7.3.1) update broke my system (at least iTunes and some other core compnents). Of course the security update will probably break your system too.

Did you update any component of your system using Apple Software Update?

I had the same problem and figured that the QuickTime (7.3.1) update broke my system (at least iTunes and some other core compnents). Of course the security update will probably break your system too.

Yes I did QuickTime and iTunes...

So these updates can really break kalyway ?

Strange thing because I did the very same updates when still using the leopard-flat-image and everything was all right. (the apps I mentioned were working).

I think that with Second Life, at least there must be some problem with the graphic driver...

So, may I ask a naive question:

What is the main difference(s) of Kalyway distro approach and the leopard flat image distro approach?

The previous installation of Leopard I was using (leopard flat-image) was ,mybe, different for drivers, kextensions and god knows what else.

This is why I'm asking here. Why an application would work with a leopard 10.5 installation and crash at startup with leopard 10.5.1 (kalyway's ) ??