Update Leopard to 10.5.1 without EFI

sm_arif

5 posts in this topic

Upgrade Your Hackintosh

Assuming you've just installed Leopard on your own Hackintosh using our guide, you've built your PC, installed and patched Leopard, and it's running like a gem. To upgrade, here's what you'll need to do:

Install the 10.5.1 Update: Open Software Update, download, and install 10.5.1 just as you normally would on any other Mac.

Fire up your Leopard install DVD and Patch: After you apply the update, your Hackintosh won't initially boot—instead it will probably continually restart after your BIOS load. That's okay—you just need to re-patch your system the same way you did the first time you installed. So drop the Leopard install DVD in your Hackintosh and boot into the installer (remember, when you're prompted to press any key to start the installation or press F8 for options, hit F8, enter -v -x at the prompt and hit Enter. Then wait (the DVD boot up takes at least 5-10 minutes).

Once it boots up, open Terminal from the Utilities menu in the menu bar. Hopefully you've still got your trusty USB stick on hand with your Leopard patch files (the one you used in the original install). If you don't, just grab the files and follow the instructions in the original guide to prepare the patch files on your USB stick. Assuming your USB stick is prepared and you've named it LeopardPatch (the name isn't required, you'll just need to adjust the directions appropriately to the name of your USB stick), just run the following two commands:

cd /Volumes/LeopardPatch

./9a581PostPatch.sh

Restart and Enjoy: Once the patch completes, answer "yes" to reboot your computer. When it restarts, you should boot right back into Leopard with 10.5.1 running.

9a581PostPatch.sh ===>> http://rapidshare.com/files/66741133/natel..._p5k3_patch.zip

10.5.1 Updater ===>> http://www.apple.com/downloads/macosx/apple/macosx_updates/

Not to sound rude, but you just discovered lukewarm water, of course you can update Leopard if you patch it again. The deal with EFI is the ability to update without need to do that. BTW, aren't those patch files you're talking about for 10.5.0? You better grab a copy of 10.5.1 ToH's kernel.

Not to sound rude, but you just discovered lukewarm water, of course you can update Leopard if you patch it again. The deal with EFI is the ability to update without need to do that. BTW, aren't those patch files you're talking about for 10.5.0? You better grab a copy of 10.5.1 ToH's kernel.

yup, i know that..

but i'm still waiting for that copy.

its for noob like me, who unfamiliar with terminal and kext LOL...

Infact that's the ONLY way for me to make my Kalyway's 10.5.1 installation works in my P4 (dinasour... yeah, I know. ;) )

The "uname -a" returns me a "Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0", which makes me wonder if I really have a 10.5.1, but things seem just working fine...