Welcome to InsanelyMac Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Diego Giovany

Kernel Update Lost Webcam on iChat

2 posts in this topic

Hi for you All.....

My name is Diego and 2 weeks ago I entered in the wonderfull world of OSX86.....

In the begining nothing works, I have a W466U notebook, but I working on solutions, downloading drivers, etc...

I used ToH RC2 image, intaled and my webcam usb works on iChat only, no Photo Booth, no QuickTime.....

but 3 days ago I instaled pc_efi V8, and webcam continue working, now I tryed a new kernel, but for my surprise, I lost webcam, the programs detect It, and I see the LED blinking, but only get a black screen.....

When I try to get back the kernel, webcam back working, but no other kernel.....

the big problem, the ToH kernel that comes on DVD not boot normaly like other, I need to put -legacy on it to boot... and it make my computer slow......

Any ideas to get webcam working? I tested many other kernels like ToH 9.0.0 , ToH 9.1.0, Vanilla...... no one get my webcam working... but I can boot without -legacy.....

Ow... forgeting.... I also tryed macam and ioXperts solutions... no one works....

My Webcam is UVC Compatible and ins detected as USB 2.0 Camera..... in system profile I see:

USB 2.0 Camera:

Versão: 1.00

Potência de Barramento (mA): 500

Velocidade: Até 480 Mb/seg

Fabricante: SuYin

ID do Produto: 0xa111

Número de Série: CN1314-MI05-VS-R01.00.00

ID do Fornecedor: 0x064e

Please anyone help... anda sorry by my poor english....

Hi diego! First thanks for your hard works with the alc268 high definition audio! now my microphone and my speakers works properly! I've the same webcam, and I need a solution too... if i find something, i'll post you here!

Bye!! :D:D:D:D:D