Prediction?

Not Adam Roach!

6 posts in this topic

Specifications:

EVGA 680i LT SLI Motherboard

Intel Core 2 Duo Conroe @ 2.66GHZ

EVGA Nvidia GeForce 8800GT Superclocked

WD 160GB 7200RPM SATA

The ones I am wondering about is the SATA drive, as I am not sure if it will work, and the 8800GT since it is a newer video card.

Has anyone had any experience with any of these parts?

Thank's for any help :D

I have basically exactly that config (as you can see below) and i've tried all the images, (10.4.7 JaS, 10.4.8 JaS, 10.4.9 Uphuck, 10.5.0 ToH, 10.5.1 Kalyway and 10.5.1 iAtkos) and the only one that mostly worked (but only working on an IDE hard drive not sata) was 10.5.0 ToH using THESE instructions... I got both the cores working with the golden patch after installation too... my pci pro sound card doesnt work but my pci us robotics wifi card worked without any patches or drivers... so i guess pci slots work with some things...If you need any more help or advice, just give me a shout!

I don't even have an IDE drive. I might as well give up if it only works on IDE.

There isn't a way to install it on a drive from linux them boot it?

Scratch that, I do have an 80GB IDE :DDDDDD, I don't have any other cards besides my video card. I don't have wifi either. Could I just use a boot loader to dual boot windows and mac? Mac (80GB) and windows (160GB)?

I really dont think you can get SATA working on the 680i/680i LT chipset yet... the boot loader is not a problem, theres various posts/websites that will tell you how to sort that out... its better to have windows and osx on seperate drives though just because it makes things safer and easier...