Kalyway not booting after install

shayandaman

9 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, I have been trying to install Mac OS X on my Hp Pavillion DV6000 for over a month now with no luck. I have tried installing tiger first then upgrading to Leopard using Brazilmacs method and now I am trying to use Kalyway. After I install and everything goes smoothly, I reboot and at the apple logo a black box appears saying I need to reboot. This happens even with Brazilmacs method.

I have No idea what to do or what is wrong with it. I have tried using a partition and dual booting with Vista but after failing many times, I then formated the whole hard drive as MBR and MAC OS Journaled but still no luck.

The only way around the error msg is if I use iATKOS cd. After installing with the iATKOS, at the apple logo it just reboots my computer and just cycles through from startup->darwin->apple logo->reboot

my Specs are

HP Pavillion DV6000t Notebook

- Intel Core 2 Duo processor T7700 (2.40 GHz, 4 MB L2 Cache, 800MHz FSB)

- 2GB DDR2 System Memory

- 383MB NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GS

- Intel PRO/Wireless 4965AGN Network Connection and Bluetooth

- 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive

I also checked using CPUZ and I do support SSE3

Any help is welcome and Thank you

first of all, try to use -v and then boot up. to do this, spam the f8 key whilst booting up anf you should then get a message telling you to select a boot device and then press -v

post pictures of your screen then we can see where you are having a problem. i personally gave up on the kalyway dvd and stuck with ToH.

anyway i think with the kalyway, you are getting a kernel panic and with the iAKTOS some sort of bootloader problem.

OK my camer a s not working right now but I tried the TOH dc2 CD install and it says in the background:

panic(cpu 0 caller 0x001A7BED): Kernel trap at 0x001976bc, type 14=page fault registersL

CR0: 0x8001003b, CR2: 0x2e3c0000, CR3: 0x00efd000, CR4: 0x00000660

EAX: 0xffff40000, EBX: 0x2e3c0000, ECX: 0x00000400, EDX: 0x000010000

CR2: 0x2e3c000, EBP: 0x2804feb8, ESI: 0x00801000, EDI: 0x2e3c0000

EFL: 0x00010206, EIP: 0x001976bc, CS: 0x00000008, DS: 0x28040010

Error code: 0x00000002

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace, Format - Frame : Return Address (4 potential args on stack)

(more codes are here but is covered by the restart box)

BSD precess name corsponding to (rest is covered)

Mac OS Version:

Not set yet

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 9.0.0: Tue (rest is covered)

-This is all right after the countdown to boot from TOH install cd and there is a dark grayish dialoge saying: "You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button."

Maybe its my graphics card? I have no idea please help!

Thanks in advance!

Kern

• 4 months later...

Whats 'Restart button' in hackintosh?

I got the latest updates and I need to restart my machine.

If I just hold the 'Power Button' it shuts down completly.

Once i turn it on, AGIAN I get dark grayish dialoge saying:

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button."

Thanks

Laptops usually don't have a restart button.

The best thing to do is use the most recent release, like Leo4Allv3, and don't install any drivers. This way you can rule out if it's graphics, network, audio, etc. causing you to see "kernel panic."

• 1 month later...
Once i turn it on, AGIAN I get dark grayish dialoge saying:

"You need to restart your computer. Hold down the Power button for several seconds or press the Restart button."

bump.

Im getting the same error atm after installing some updated graphics drivers. How can i restore them?