Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 Installation Reboot problem

Beatnik

66 posts in this topic

hi,

thanks a lot , tohkernel cpus=1 worked for the postinstallation reboot cycle for me. but i still have to do it every time.

any help for a more permanent solution..

Dell inspiron 600m laptop

Install method: Kalyway 10.5.1

Processor: Centrino 1.4Ghz

Memory: 512MB RAM

Card name: ATI Radion 9000M 32 MB QE/CI working

Sound :Sigmatel working.

Network: still working on it.

OSX: 10.5.1 Kalyway

• 1 month later...

Hey Guys.

Yeah I seem to have a problem with this too....

Before I start - Specs are:

AMD 2600 (1.94ghz)

RADEON 128MB ATI VIDEO CARD (My Supa cool graphics card (256MB) is RIP!)

GIGABYTE 7N400PRO2 MOBO

2.3 TERRABYTES HDD SPACE - INSTALLING KELYWAY ON A 80GIG DRIVE

2GB RAM (DUAL)

Yeah basically same thing as mention - The Kext gets so far, reboots. Tried bascally everything that I have read in the post, (and more than once too) ! So I havent actually gotten to the MAC screen yet.

Does anybody have a clue what this could be ? - As mentioned in a previous post, and I think there was screenshots too, its bascially the whereabouts it gets jammed for a split second, and reboots, and then look back at the post screen again.

Its annoying!! haha! So anyone got any ideas! ears/eyes are open to anything information provided....

Thanks for you time!!

Morgy

Ill check back later to see what goss you got installed there!

Hi,

same thing over here. I already tried:

Kalyway 10.5.1

- reboot before setup from USB and IDE DVD drive

- "tohkernel" kicks me back to the point where one has to press F8 for boot options

- options -x, -f, cpus=1 don't help

Kalyway 10.5.2

- exactly the same behavior like 10.5.1

iATKOS 2.0i

- works out of the box except sleep and reboot

- mounting issues with my USB HDD

------

Specs:

- 3.0GHz PIV SSE2

- 1GB RAM

- nVidia FX5500 AGP (256MB)

- VIA chipset

- 2 SATA HDD's

- IDE DVD ROM

------

I'd really use iATKOS but since I cannot reboot the computer and the USB HDD is not mounted from time to time (which is even worse) I want to try Kaly's DVD. I'm quite wondering about the issues with Kaly's DVD because the default kernel is the sleepkernel 9.2.x which is supposed to work with SSE2 CPU's. Whatever... I'll give it one last try tomorrow with a SATA DVD ROM unless somebody could tell us how to get this thing to work.

Another interessting point would be a solution for the reboot/sleep issue with iATKOS.

Bastian

edit:

I tried Kalyway 10.5.1 on a different PIV computer (same CPU as mine) with a SiS chipset and a nVidia FX5200 PCI. Installation went fine from an IDE DVD ROM to a SATA HDD. So there has to be some incompatibility with some (or even a lot of) chipsets

• 2 weeks later...

Reboots after loading *A TON* of startup files. Stops just before the Install GUI with a message that appears so fast before it reboots that I can't read it.

HP Pavilion ZE5600

Intel P4-M 2.3GHz

1GB DDR

Kalyway 10.5.2 DVD

ATI RS200M GFX Card (128MB)

Any ideas besides a VMWare dd?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello,I tried to install Kalyway Leopard, on my Dell Inspiron 5150, Pentium4 2.66Ghz, SEE2, Nvidia 5200, 256MB RAM.When booting from DVD, Darwin start charging files, but then reboots (Never enter the installation graphical routine).Used the command "-v", but it is extremely quick to read what it says, then reboots and start once again.Well, one good thing: I also tried it on my brothers Toshiba notebook A35-SP4146 Dual Core 1.86Ghz, 1 GB RAM. Intel 950. And the Installation graphical routine started without problem.I would really appreciate if someone could help me to solve this.ThanksBy the way, thanks Kalyway for this release, I didnt want to install it on my brothers Toshiba and get any further, because of their files on Vista, but I am sure this can work on that Toshiba notebook.Thanks Kaly and all the developers of OSX86.

Hello, I have the same problem to with a Toshiba A30 and I do not understand it.

But you need 512 MB of RAM to install Leopard so try to upgrade it,maybe you will resolve your problem.

(sorry for my bad english)

• 2 weeks later...
I have the same problem but my message is this:

Loading Darwin/x86
 EFI enhanced bootloader build: ToH
 Using SMBIOS table found at 0x000f99f0
 Using ACPI RSDP revision 0 found at 0x000f88b0
 Hey we are going backwards! -> , restarting timing

and then reboot...

Kalyway 10.5.1 SSE2 SSE3 DVD

my installation:

Vanilla Kernel

Vanilla ACPI_fix

bootloader efi_mbr

PCChips P23G

Intel Pentium D

HD SATA with two partitions, xp and kaly.

I think that could choose SSE2?

Edit: Feb-27-2008

finally I can to boot, just by typing "tohkernel" after F8.

But now here other problem, Leopard can't recognize my PS2 keyboard.

Any idea?

I got to this exact point, then the reboot.

P5W DH, C2D E6600, 2GB, 8800GTS, SATA in "Standard IDE" mode.

Resolution was to change "ACPI APIC support" in the "Power" section of the P5W DH BIOS from "Enabled" to "Disabled". System now boots.

My installation was performed using this guide:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=86167

Odd however, disabling that option in the BIOS allows Vanilla to boot, but stops Kalway from booting...

Leave the cd in and press f8 and type in rd=disk0s1 saying that its installed on first partition on the first disk. if you need help pm me. then leopard should boot i cant figure out why you need the disk yet but i'm working on my own now because most of them dont work with a Dell inspiron 1501 with AMD mobile sempron 3600+ but this one does so if you want a mac then ask me how to get it installed btw buy a license so apple can keep comming out with their awsome products... and does anyone know where i can download bootcamp?

• 4 weeks later...

Some problem

I finaly i find out how to install with the chameleon boot loader

but now after install i cant boot with the same problem.

and I can't find a way to install the chameleon boot loader on the Hard Drive...

hardware:

p4p800 se mother board

P 4 2.8 ht

Ati radeon 9600 SE

IDE hard drive

I strange thing to say:

if I try with a celeron d 2,66GHz it works

but if I try with the P4 it don't :mellow:

• 1 month later...
Some problem

I finaly i find out how to install with the chameleon boot loader

but now after install i cant boot with the same problem.

and I can't find a way to install the chameleon boot loader on the Hard Drive...

hardware:

p4p800 se mother board

P 4 2.8 ht

Ati radeon 9600 SE

IDE hard drive

I strange thing to say:

if I try with a celeron d 2,66GHz it works

but if I try with the P4 it don't :)

Hi all

maybe this problem is K version can not support only SSE2

P4 (Prescott core ) AND celeron D and the new CPUS all have SSE3

P4 (NORTHWOOD) only SSE2

i have the same problem

but someone tell me K version is the best

i will try and then let my P4 & P4P800SE run in Kalyway OSX

THX

I have the reboot problem too... I'm pretty sure it is related to my P4 Northwood processor. Boot-132 cds have thus far been unsuccessful as well.

I can run 10.4.11 just fine though... I wonder what would happen if I tried to use that kernel to boot Leopard? Probably something would explode.

I'm having the same problem trying to install on my Compaq D510 SSF.

It's a Pentium 4 1.8GHZ

512mb of ram

40gb hard drive

Nvidia Geforce 2

Anyway, i'm almost finished downloading the iatkos v1r3 iso, so i'll give that a razz and see if it works once it's done downloading.

Hopefully it will, and it's just an issue with the kalyway release and P4's

OH!could some awesome amazing person please tell me how to do SSE2 only! i have no idea how! :( i need the option codey majog thingsey! (technical terms i know) - i dont have SSE3, so i need to know the SSE2 code as none of the solutions os far have worked for me, and i need to wait until after november to do it if i need to downlaod a new copy - say JaS...

thanks!

• 2 months later...

I have the same problem. P4 1.6 GHz with ASCROCK P4I45GV motherboard, IDE DVD R/W, SAMSUNG 80 GB IDE Harddisk.

I think the problem is due to some unsupported hardware and possibly it is the IDE HDD or IDE DVD ROM. I have successfully installed and run Mac OS X Tiger on same machine. May be it is some system bus or something like this in the motherboard also. It would be appreciated if some one look the hardware of mine and other people with the problem and figure out the unsupported hardware.

One point to be noted men! I have tested my Kalyway DVD in a Dual Core cpu and result is same! reboot! So the problem lies in the DVD I have written or the distro itself. I think a hash check is necessary to ensure the DVD you written is correct.

• 6 months later...

dsc0956128640.jpg

if you are getting to the above screen and your computer reboots unfortunately there is no fix for this.

it doesn't matter if you what setting you change in bios or any install dvd u try ie. kalyway/iatkos etc. it will keep doing the same. chances are idneb will pass this screen but will end up with other issues like appleps2keyboard: probe failed etc or waiting for boot device etc. errors.

after trying to find a fix for the issue for over a week i'm sorry to tell that u need a different mainboard to try ;)

problematic mainboard for me seems to be the asrock with 965chipset (g965m-s to be exact).