Bootcamp for Windows games (VMWARE works great but not for games)

Explicit

3 posts in this topic

Hi, I've recently installed iATKOS 1.0i together with VMWARE Fusion 1.1 and it works great running Windows XP.

The only problem I'm facing is that the VMWARE SVGA II driver supports only 16mb of graphics mem. I've tested this and it is indeed totally not suitable for games that use a lot of memory ( No need to try parallels as it's even more slow). It's nice that they include DX9 but with a graphics driver that can't do the job it's rather useless to me. Nice try though. :huh:

Now before iATKOS I've ran Uphuck 1.4 r3 in dualboot mode with two partitions running Windows XP.

Is it possible to boot up windows a bit faster from within iATKOS (with for example BOOTCAMP) instead of restarting the whole system inc BIOS/BOOTLOADER time? THX.

Boot Camp IS restarting the computer and dual booting. I don't see why people want to try and get it working because it really is just dual booting in a more stylish way

That's strange. I saw some youtube video a while ago and it was about some guy booting xp from within osx (no not parallels or vmware) and skipping the whole bios process and it really was a faster way of switching between OSX to XP. Guess this was fake than. Thx for the reply.