Kaly Leo on SONY VAIO SZ-240 ?

MSong79

3 posts in this topic

Using Kaly's leopard disk, installation is really simple and easy.

It also fixed error 35 problem and recognized my cpu correctly.

THe biggest problem for me is that there is no internet connection for me. (well I don't really care about wireless)

But, I have to get this "Yukon Gigabit Adapter 88E8053" work on my comp or I will have to switch back into Windows OS.

I have changed codes in the AppleYukon2.kext and deleted the Extension.mkext file.

But all I see from network setting in the System Preference is the firewire connection.

I don't even know why I see this firewire connection in the Network.

Anyway, just wondering if anyone had success installying Leopard on Sony SZ-240 or any other SZ series...

• 3 months later...

hi man i had the same problem and what i did its update to 10.5.2 and install the backup AppleYukon2.kext wit kext helper and that fix the problem i have a sz140 wit the same NIC

PS: update might mess your keyboard and mouse search for Aldo,s kext,s and that should fixit also look for update instructions

Good luck!!

• 3 months later...

Didn't want to start a new thread on VAIO SZ, so I'll post my ques here.

I managed to boot kalyway leo 10.5.1 on my SZ370, but the very first thing that freaks me out is the screen resolution. On GMA950 I can't get anything wider than 1024x780 on that's even not in th middle of the screen. GeForce Go7400 boots into s striped screen even though I've checked nVidia laptop drivers during the installation.

Any help from those who've succeeded will be greatly appreciated.

P.S. As well as that, could you suggest a battery meter? POwermanagement.bundle didn't work out (or I failed to install it properly although I follwed the instructions to the point)

Thx in advance.