Sleep doesn't work, noone seems to care or have a solution! Can we figure this out?

qwertqwert3

5 posts in this topic

Hello?

When I sleep, it looks like its sleeping with the little led that designates sleep mode on my thinkpad being lit up.

then when I resume, I see the ibm logo and before it can get to grub (which it shouldn't because it was only sleep/not hibernate) it shows me what seems to be a bios error which says something to the effect of "security chip tampered" or something, can't recall exactly.

i have no idea what ur talkin about, im on hp dv6395ea and i faced wake from sleep issues on 10.4.8 and 10.4.9 till i got macdotnub's package of dcpumanager and acpicputhrottle.kext and the sleep kernel, and it worked since then, but i had to get dcpumanager 0.5 to override the crash bug.

i faced the kext not loading properly sometimes but on this last clean installation i made, i faced no problems....but i found that if dcpumanager is not run, it might not wake from sleep or just takes too long to wake.

now i have dcpumanager in auto login starting hidden item, and gave it root priviledges and edited its info.plist to remove the dock icon coz i dont really tweak cpu with the GUI. if i do want to tweak the cpu throttling with the GUI i just go to applications and click the application icon and i get i can see its small window.

hope i helped in some way.