10.4.3 Installed perfectly .. but video is only B&W ?

RipJaw

3 posts in this topic

Sooo I have a few pacthed verisons of 10.4.3 and I think 10.4.1 which both have the same display issues. 10.4.3 installs perfectly fine, and runs fine but the display is in gray scale. I have a dell inspiron 1100 with the intel 82845G display apapter. Does any one know what I can do to run the display correctly ? I'v searched and can't seem to find a straight answer. Sorry my first post is a question but I'v been working on this for a few weeks with no luck now. I'v read that may laptop, and my display is compatible but I just can't get it to work. Any ideas guys/gals?

Have you tried increasing the shared memory in the BIOS ?

I remember reading someone doing this and it fixed the problem

Intel 82845G is your motherboard chip set not your video card

I think the Inspiron 1100 used the Intel Graphics Extreme video cards but not 100% sure

Have you tried increasing the shared memory in the BIOS ?

I remember reading someone doing this and it fixed the problem

Intel 82845G is your motherboard chip set not your video card

I think the Inspiron 1100 used the Intel Graphics Extreme video cards but not 100% sure

Ya it does have the Extreme video chipset I believe, but theres nothing extreme about it. Also the video is onboard video so I think thats the why under my display drivers it pulls up the chipset #. I'v looked awhile back in the bios to increase the shared memory and had no luck with that. Maybe a firmware update would enable an option for it but thats something I'll get into if i have to. I think its loading the wrong driver or just doesnt reconize my video chipset. The weirdest part is people claim perfect installs on these, so Its just my luck I think.