Realtek RTL8139 Help

dingdongbubble

6 posts in this topic

Hi

I got my hackintosh running some time back. It runs Mac OS 10.4.8. I got the sound working and the graphics drivers etc etc everything.

My problem is my NIC. It is a realtek RTL 8139/810x. Sometimes when my computer is turned off, and if I look at my router, the ethernet light is on. It shows that there is an ethernet connection between my computer and the router even though the computer is turned off. When I boot to Mac OSX, the internet works. But normally (like right now), when I hibernate or switch off windows, the ethernet light goes off and when I boot into Mac OSX, the internet doesnt work.

Do you ahve any idea what funny business is going on over here?

Apple found a way of sucking information from your system while your computer is off and is financing their next iPhone with your credit cards...

Seriously, it's probably just that windows knows how to powerdown EVERYTHING (unless you have it set to wake on ethernet requests) - being a hack, OSX doesn't know how.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Patrick

Hi

I got my hackintosh running some time back. It runs Mac OS 10.4.8. I got the sound working and the graphics drivers etc etc everything.

My problem is my NIC. It is a realtek RTL 8139/810x. Sometimes when my computer is turned off, and if I look at my router, the ethernet light is on. It shows that there is an ethernet connection between my computer and the router even though the computer is turned off. When I boot to Mac OSX, the internet works. But normally (like right now), when I hibernate or switch off windows, the ethernet light goes off and when I boot into Mac OSX, the internet doesnt work.

Do you ahve any idea what funny business is going on over here?

There is a problem with the RTL8139 ext written by apple, it will randomly stall every now and then. To fix it, get the R1000 driver from here

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho...mp;#entry203604

go to the IONetwork extension, plugin folder, make sure you remove the other RTL* plugin before adding the R1000.

Reboot... and pray...

ok I was messing around those links u gve me and I came across someone sayin that it worked with wake on LAN. well I went to device manager and to he properties of my NIC and then went to one of the tabs and enabled wake on LAN and some other things which I found intereting LOL wihtout understandng them. ad tada the etherne light comes on when my computer power on only and so i can boot into mac wih internet wihtout problems. thank you very much for helping me out. :(