Asus F5R

adriankoooo

10 posts in this topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Finally I succeded installing Mac OS X Leopard on my ASUS F5R. I used the latest Kalyway release from TPB (10.5.2) with all standard settings, but added the powermanagement.bundle .

The only sad thing is that there is no full-supported driver for the Radeon Xpress 1100, but you can change the resolution by installing the callisto 003 fixed drivers.

• 3 months later...

Symphax, hi!

Can you tell me how you do to change with callisto on leopard? I had trying it so hard and I can´t.

Thanx.

Finally I succeded installing Mac OS X Leopard on my ASUS F5R. I used the latest Kalyway release from TPB (10.5.2) with all standard settings, but added the powermanagement.bundle .

The only sad thing is that there is no full-supported driver for the Radeon Xpress 1100, but you can change the resolution by installing the callisto 003 fixed drivers.

• 2 weeks later...

I am try to install Kalyway 10.5.2 (the latest) on Asus F5R to the External HDD. It installs fine (but takes a looong time - over an hour).

I chose MBR for the partition options and now I get the Darwin prompt for selecting startup volume. I choose the one I have but after a couple seconds of booting computer restarts. Does anyone know what might be the problem?

• 2 years later...

Great! Thanks for letting us know its possible, since I've been trying for awhile :rolleyes:

Can you (or someone reading this) please detail which specific build of Kalyway 1.5.2 you used? I have an F5R and Kalyway 1.5.2. The whole thing halts/freezes at 96% (which is '1 minute remaining'). Its not kernel panic just a system lockup. Buttons and menus become unclickable. After reboot there's no darwin prompt and I have to go back to the boot disk.

Any info or ideas?

Cheers,

k