Kalyway Leopard 10.5.1 - X38 Chipset ?! -> now Stuck on Grey Apple...

FutureShock

12 posts in this topic

Hi there,

as you can see in Topic i want to Install Kalyway Leo 10.5.1 on my PC!

I have an Asus Maximus Motherboard (Intel X38 CHipeset) and an Intel Q6600 CPU ...

when i insert the DVD and boot from it i only get some Error:

system config file '/com.apple.Boot.plist' not found

and then theres going on nothing more....

what did i wrong, or what step did i missed?!

Same error i have with tiger!!

Hi,

ok i can boot now from dvd, the dvd-drive is now on an raid controller... ... see the darwin bootloader ... then after a couple of time the grey apple comes up... but then after about 1 minute only a small error icon apears in apple...

what did i now wrong again?!

I just installed a Q6600 and Asus Maximus Formula. Prior to doing so I went and bought a Serial ATA Lite-on DVD burner. I was able to use this and install it to a disk on the 5th port. However, I have everything set to AHCI. AHCI is the recommended settings.I was able to bootup, and I have sound, 8800GTS 640MB and everything except networking at the moment. But I'm getting ready to fix that right now.

anyone can help?!is it a problem when to hdd has 2 partitions... one for osx86 and a windows part. ?!should the partition formated or something where osx86 cames on?!
Ahh I just realized you're splitting up a single drive. Not sure what to do for that. Have any spare SATA drives? It seemed easy to do it that way. I'm not sure if the DVD installer knows how to add EFI to a secondary partition.

as i read often now after the grey apple should come a partition wizard or?!

i never get there...

It should just boot up into the regular Leopard installer. You then have access to the menu to get to the Disk Utility. What mode is your SATA controller set to?